Creating a website is no small task. In order to build this website, I have benefited greatly from the work of others that make their work freely available. I wish to give credit to the projects I have made use of in my own project.
There are also individuals who have contributed directly.
- The server itself is running Debian, an amazing GNU/Linux distribution. Stability is definitely one of their strongest points.
- This website runs on an Apache web server.
- The code for this website is written in Python 3, an open source programming language. One of the first programming languages I learned and still a favorite.
- The Django webframework is truly amazing to work with, and is the framework used by this website. If you like coding in Python and have an interest in web development, make sure to check out this amazing project.
- django-axes, an open source tool for blocking brute-force login attempts in django.
- django_ckeditor, an implementation of the CKEditor for django. This website is using it for some content posting, but all upload handling is done by custom code.
- Adrians Netlis, who gave me some very useful pointers on design.